My Etsy Shop

Friday, June 15, 2012

Fabric Banner


I got the bright idea (at the last minute - of course) that I should make a banner with my grand daughter's name on it as a decoration for the party after her blessing. Of course, I had limited time so I enlisted my daughter (her momma) to help with the project. She purchased the material and other notions and I came to her house that night to start. 

She had already made the cute yo yo's and the covered buttons that we were using to embellish the banner and cut out the beginnings of the banner flags. I finished cutting them out, rounded the bottom corners and sewed them together, clipping the curves and turning them right side out. My daughter ironed them and then made the "binding" for the strip. 

My daughter did all the letters. On another day I helped sew on the yo yo's and buttons and we were done! Hope you enjoy the pictures. 

Our banner was based on the banner tutorial found here on the Moda Bake Shop. If you have any questions let me know!


No comments: