My Etsy Shop

Friday, July 6, 2012

Baby Emily's Quilt

Before my granddaughter Emily was born I made this quilt for her using fabric from Moda's Ruby Fabric line. I love the colors and was happy to finally have a project to make with the charm pack I bought. I added some additional yardage from a store in St. George. (Sorry I don't remember which shop it was. My daughter and I went on a quilt shop shopping spree and visited so many that day!)

It was made in standard rows with a strip between rows 2 and 3 on which I added three flowers and Emily's name. There is also sashing on both sides of the strip and a border all around the outside in the same fabric. Then an additional border in a contrasting fabric all from the Moda line. I forgot to take a picture of the back but it was just a plain pink fabric.

I quilted every other block with a heart and then a flower using my regular sewing machine. The quilting isn't perfect - I'm still learning - but it was quilted with love!

I finished the quilt before my daughter's baby shower except for the binding. In order to "give" it to my daughter at her shower I used my serger and serged all the way around the quilt to finish it temporarily until I had time to bind it.

The other day I finally got around to binding the quilt and will officially give the blanket to Emily  as soon as I see her next!









No comments: